Tuesday, May 05, 2009

A Sent Congregation

by David Wesley

In a few months I will begin research which explores the involvement of one local church which is partnering with HIV/AIDS relief in Swaziland over a long period of time. I am particularly interested in how such a process might be an expression of a missional church and also how that involvement affects Christians both in Bethany Oklahoma as well as Swaziland. I will be making posts related to this as I move along in the research. This short video gives an overview of the challenges facing Swaziland and the steps being taken by Bethany First Church of the Nazarene to help turn the tide of HIV/AIDS in that nation. For more information on this project go to http://www.bethanynaz.org/the-swaziland-partnership-mission


1 comment:

Alison Weinstock said...

Powerful video. . .I'll be sending this on to friends and family! The Church of the Nazarene in the Asia-Pacific field is also taking big actions against HIV/AIDS in Papua New Guinea, whose rate of infection is rapidly catching up with that of Swaziland. Lord help us!