
This week is a week of conferences. Tomorrow I leave for the M11 conference in Louisville, KY. http://www.ncnnews.org/nphweb/html/ncn/printerFriendly.jsp?id=10009886&sid=10000023 On Wednesday there will be a series of presentations and workshops related to the missional church. Missiologist, Craig VanGelder will be the lead presenter, and I will have one of the presentations after him. My presentation will be about the global changes which are moving us toward a paradigm change in missions which is congregation based more than denominationally based. As a part of this workshop I will present research that I have recently done in the Church of the Nazarene which demonstrates a shift in U.S. congregations which are embracing long term partnerships with congregations in other countries. In many ways this shift presents a need to rethink how we look at missions, but it also presents a sense of renewal for the denomination. If you will be at M11 I would love to have you join the discussion on Wednesday afternoon.
On Saturday, I will be in Chicago at the EMS (Evangelical Mission Society) where I will present a similar paper which deals with the bodies of literature which contribute to understanding congregational mission as a new paradigm in missions.
No comments:
Post a Comment